As autumn arrives, you can prepare your garden for next year’s harvests and blooms:
- Plant garlic so that you can harvest them next summer.
- Save the seeds from your vegetable and flower garden. Dry, date, label, and store in a cool and dry location.
- Propagate chrysanthemums, fuchsias, and geraniums by cutting the stems.
- Dig and divide rhubarb. This should be done every 4 years.
- Dig and store geraniums, tuberous begonias, dahlias, and gladiolas.
- Plant ground covers and shrubs.
- If you want your tulips and daffodils to bloom early, pot and store them indoors.