Now that your garden is blooming and no yard work needs to be done, why not head out and explore Portland? Here are some things to do in Portland:
- Visit the Portland Mercado: dive into the vibrant food cart scene, get your fix of Mexican, Central American, and South American food.
- Visit Powell’s City of Books: this multi-story book store is for everyone. Treat yourself to a coffee, and delve into the many amazing literature this place offers.
- Visit the Rhododendron Garden: located between Reed College and a golf course, this botanical garden is full of floral springs that allows you to pass an lovely afternoon.
- First Thursday: every first Thursday of the month, visit the galleries in the Pearl and Old Town / Chinatown for free.
- Visit the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: from physics to chemistry, biology to astronomy, the OMSI offers many exhibits suitable for kids and families.
- Hike Mount Tabor: build on top of an old volcanic cinder cone, Mount Tabor is a scenic city park with paved pathways.
- Take a Stroll at the Portland Japanese Gardens: considered one of the most beautiful and authentic Japanese garden outside of Japan, Portland Japanese Gardens provides an atmosphere for you to zen out.
- Have an Ice Cream at Salt & Straw: order ice cream in the mail? No kidding. Handmade and deliciously interesting ice cream, Salt & Straw is an ice cream parlour worth waiting in line for.