If you want to landscape with native plants, here are some publications you may find helpful:
- Gardening with Oregon Native Plants West of the Cascades
- Selecting Native Plant Materials for Restoration Projects
- Ecological Design of Urban Landscapes: Economic, Social and Ecological Benefits
- Native plants for Willamette Valley yards
- Pollinator Plants and Bloom Periods
- Portland Plant list
Be aware that the conditions in urban areas may be different from what native plants are used to. They may have a hard time thriving in your garden, so make sure to check what’s suitable for your neighborhood.